Wisconsin’s wetlands urgently need your help! Wetland bill hearing is TODAY, December 21st!
If you can attend the hearing:
If you can’t attend the hearing:
- Email your testimony to Senator Cowles and Representative Horlacher with the subject line “Testimony for hearing on SB600/AB547”, copy your legislators, and bcc WWA.
- Call your state Senator and Representative and ask them NOT to co-sponsor or support SB600 and AB547. Please share their response with us. Find your legislator’s contact details.
Suggested talking points:
- These bills overreach by removing protection from more than one million acres of wetlands
- These bills are widely opposed among the conservation community, including many hunting and fishing groups, who have expressed their concern to the Legislature
- Even small, seemingly isolated wetlands are crucial to the health of our land, water, wildlife, and communities
- Wisconsin is a leader in wetland protection, not an outlier.
- Regulations help prevent unnecessary harm to wetlands. Let’s find ways to fix the regulatory process without eliminating protections altogether.
Join us today, December 21st, at the Capitol to share your wetland knowledge with the committees, or email your testimony and call your state Senator and Representative. This hearing is critical. Show legislators that the people of Wisconsin insist on strong wetland protection.
Myth-busting misconceptions about “isolated” wetlands
Even small wetlands are crucial to the health of our land, water, wildlife, and communities.
Sportsmen stand up for wetlands
Six sportsmen groups in Wisconsin have announced their opposition to removing protections for isolated wetlands.