Acre for acre, nothing provides more natural benefits than wetlands.
Wisconsin Wetlands Association and our members worked hard in 2022 to protect and restore wetlands across the state.
- Built capacity for wetland restoration in agricultural landscapes by launching an exciting three-year collaboration with the Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade, and Consumer Protection.
- Developed tools to prioritize natural flood management including wetland restoration and floodplain reconnection through a collaborative project in the Marengo River watershed in Ashland County.
- Expanded our community through both in-person and virtual outreach. More than 600 people joined our Wetland Coffee Break audience last year and dozens of landowners ordered our My Healthy Wetland handbook for wetland owners.
- Convened more than 500 wetland professionals and enthusiasts for learning and networking at our 2022 Wetland Science Conference.
- Shared inspiring stories of communities and wetlands through our ever-expanding series of videos telling the stories of people and communities caring for wetlands.